Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Message for Annette
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   VEPTR Sites/Hospitals -> UKMessage format

Ross Family
Posted 2006-02-02 5:03 PM (#18408)
Subject: Message for Annette

Hi Annette,

I have not been on the VEPTR board for a while and just came on to catch up... my daughter Hannah (coming up for 4) has Goldenhar syndrome and has curvature of the thoracic spine as well as fused ribs. Very similar to Suzanne's little boy Samuel.

We are under the Nuffield in Oxford and Hannah was the first one to be done there under Mr Wilson-Maconald. She has the VEPTR put in on 12th September in the John Radcliffe in Oxford and then was transferred to Nuffield once she was out of ICU/HDU.

She recovered really well and went home after 9 days. To see her now you would have no idea she had such major surgery. We have just got a date for her first expansion which is on March 7th.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that we are under the NOC and have had no problems. Mr Wilson-MacDonald performed Hannah's op with assistance from another surgeon who had more experience in VEPTR. However I know that he has completed at least one other VEPTR implant since Hannah and said it had gone really well.

If you want to email me my address is [email protected].

Take care
Ramona
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software