Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time on here
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> StoriesMessage format

Wyattsmom
Posted 2013-08-27 1:42 PM (#42029)
Subject: First time on here

New User

Hello!! I am just looking for some support from others that have had experience with the Veptr. My son is 3 years old and he had a spinal fusion and a hemivertbrae wihen he was 11 months old, Now he has curved and is scheduled for a veptr on October 7. So i am looking to hear some stoires on peoples experiences with younger kids. Thank you!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arlene "Zoe's mom"
Posted 2013-08-27 2:56 PM (#42030 - in reply to #42029)
Subject: Re: First time on here

Veteran

Hi my name is Arlene. Welcome to the VEPTR community. Many of us now use facebook instead of the forums. The following are links that we find useful:

https://www.facebook.com/r2bfoundation?ref=hl
https://www.facebook.com/groups/56052176312/

www.r2bfoundation.org
The Room to Breathe Foundation
Our mission is to provide help and support to families of children that are undergoing Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Rib implant and expansions. Our goal is to support these families, emotionally and to help offset travel expenses for families that must travel for their Child’s care.
Nicki, Alex's Mom
Posted 2013-08-27 8:33 PM (#42032 - in reply to #42029)
Subject: RE: First time on here

Elite Veteran

It's nice to 'meet' you! There is a LOT of information in this forum to read over if you have time. As Arlene said, it seems like the facebook groups are much more active, but the problem with facebook is you can't really search for specific information the way you can here.

I look forward to hearing more about Wyatt, and hope for the best on October 7th! My son was 2 1/2 years old at the time of his first VEPTR surgery, so I know what you are going through.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, either here, or over on one of the facebook groups.
Alex
Posted 2013-08-28 7:10 PM (#42035 - in reply to #42029)
Subject: Re: First time on here

I've had about 18 VEPTR surgeries, and I've been fine!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software