Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ciaran's VEPTR Surgery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> VEPTR OperationMessage format

Nadine&Ciaran
Posted 2011-06-08 10:46 PM (#41167)
Subject: Ciaran's VEPTR Surgery

Hi Everyone,

It has been quite a while since I've been on the boards but I think of all of you often. Ciaran had his VEPTR rods put in today at Shriner's hospital in Phili. It was a 5 hour surgery and he did quite well. Dr. Samdani was very please with the correction he was able to achieve. He said before going in that he wasn't going to get Ciaran straight because he didn't want to force anything. Ciaran is very stiff and twisted. He had two rods placed and they were bolted into his hip bones and at the bottom of his spine. He will come home in a brace which he won't be happy about. He was a little tough to intubate but they got it done and he tolerated well. They are leaving him intubated overnight as they didn't have great volume in his lungs and were a little nervous without an ENT person in house. His CO2 levels were also high. They have him sedated and pain management has been terrific. They plan to extirpate early in the morning. So tomorrow will really tell the tale. A little nervous about what to expect tomorrow. I'm hoping it will go smoothly for him. His little face is so swollen tonight. He looks like someone beat him up.

I really enjoyed these boards when we first found out that Ciaran would be having VEPTR rods put in and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with everyone.

Talk to you soon

Nadine
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Carmell
Posted 2011-06-09 10:19 PM (#41168 - in reply to #41167)
Subject: RE: Ciaran's VEPTR Surgery

Expert

Thanks for the update Nadine.  Glad the surgery is over.  I will tell you that the next few days may be very difficult. You can have more bad days in the very beginning, but don't get discouraged.  This will be a very beneficial thing in the end.  Lots of best wishes for a smooth recovery!
Zoes Nana
Posted 2011-06-10 11:51 AM (#41169 - in reply to #41167)
Subject: Re: Ciaran's VEPTR Surgery

Expert

SENDING LOTS OF THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS...
GOD BLESS...
Nadine&Ciaran
Posted 2011-06-10 7:39 PM (#41170 - in reply to #41167)

Thank you Jobey & Carmell! He had a rough night last night. alot of pain breaking thru and his breathing was not good. All you could hear & feel was the rumbling in his chest. They had xopenex ordered every 6 hours so i asked for it every 3 and got him up out of bed. Also asked for the coughulator. His pain is much more under control now and the rumbling his minimal in his chest. His CO@ level was high at lunchtime so I'm hoping it will be better in the morning. I hope we are still on schedule to break out of this place by next Wednesday. I think they just heal so much better in their own home. I just wish this severe pain would subside soon
Diane17
Posted 2011-06-10 8:39 PM (#41171 - in reply to #41167)

Elite Veteran

These are the hardest times. Praying for excellent pain control and an uneventful weekend.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software