Final Fusion - questions, options, suggestions
mtnmom
Posted 2013-10-17 9:36 PM (#42221)
Subject: Final Fusion - questions, options, suggestions

Elite Veteran

So .... I used to be on here a lot, but haven't been here for the past few years really.  But I'm reaching out again as we are nearing the end of the process for Nikki.

After 9 years, it's time to consider fusion.  I'm curious to chat with those of you who've hit this stage. Right now, I'd like suggestions on options, timing, concerns, feelings... anything you'd like to share regarding the end process of the VEPTR journey that you've experienced.  I'm also on FB ... I just joined VEPTR kids.  Look me up at Brenna Wright Divide CO pic of me and my fam.  Nikki is the VEPTR kid, she's got the dark hair.

I'm sure I'll have more specific questions later .... just looking for info mostly right now from experienced parents. 

Thanks for the help .... if anyone is still here LOL

Brenna

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nicki, Alex's Mom
Posted 2013-10-28 3:31 PM (#42291 - in reply to #42221)
Subject: RE: Final Fusion - questions, options, suggestions

Elite Veteran

Hi Brenna!

I know of a few parents who have made it to the final fusion stage. Many of their children have successfully completed the final fusion. A few others have been able to just leave the VEPTR in, and just stopped doing the lengthening/expansion surgeries. They are simply being monitored to make sure everything is holding.

I'm not much help here, as we are not quite yet to this point.

I hope everything goes well with Nikki!
Top of the page Bottom of the page