medical equipment
SUPERMAN
Posted 2010-07-08 8:13 PM (#39532)
Subject: medical equipment

good evening all veptr family...
i am writing here from texas. our son just returned home from his 10th surgery. it was 6 years ago today that we went through our first surgery. Greg has come along way.
my husband and i have been thinking for the past year that since our son is 8 and getting older we need to consider possibly getting a medical shower/bath for our son. since as he gets older he will get to a point where he will not want us to guide him in and out of the bath.
here is my question and i am hoping someone will have some input and resources. the bathroom make over for him will be costly and because we do not qualify for disability(income to much) i am looking for a program assistance that will help with supplying a medical shower for him.

does anyone have any idea where i can start to look or possibly know of any programs that will help with this.?

any ideas and input is appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Deonc'sMom
Posted 2010-07-13 11:52 PM (#39549 - in reply to #39532)
Subject: Re: medical equipment

I think if you get signed up with MDCP they alot you so much money for home improvements like a medical shower.
Carmell
Posted 2010-07-14 1:04 AM (#39550 - in reply to #39532)
Subject: RE: medical equipment

Expert

Braydon has never needed a modified shower/bath.  After surgeries, he showers for several weeks (while the incisions heal).  About 6 weeks later, he enjoys sitting in a bath and soaking.  As long as he's able to step up and over the tub or into a shower, he's fine.  Does Greg have more physical issues that make it so you have to help him always?  When Braydon was 6, and 8, and even 10, I helped him into the shower, etc.  He didn't start doing it on his own until about 3 years ago (probably age 12).  Hmm... this is thought provoking...
raeanne80
Posted 2012-11-21 2:12 AM (#41628 - in reply to #39532)
Subject: RE: medical equipment

New User

Hi guys...

Probably this is an old thread but I am looking for an information and resources where I can get a good medical shower with reasonable price. Hope someone will share their experience and maybe can help me out for this.

Thanks.