Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a funny thing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

sawyer's mom
Posted 2005-03-01 5:10 PM (#7842)
Subject: a funny thing

Extreme Veteran

I just wanted to pass this along...
Last week Sawyer told me he wants to work at the airport when he gets bigger.
What does he want to do??
he wants to make people take their shoes off.
And then he won't have to take his shoes off.

The mouths of babes.
M
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jennie-BriannasMom
Posted 2005-03-01 6:14 PM (#7844 - in reply to #7842)
Subject: Re: a funny thing

Elite Veteran

nonny'smom
Posted 2005-03-01 6:28 PM (#7846 - in reply to #7842)

Extreme Veteran

Oh, I got a crack up out of that one. Kids do say the darndest things..... I know that airport personnel are doing their jobs but some go way overboard sometimes with the search and if all just depends on the airport. We will NEVER fly out of Denver. I had such a rough time their with my kids that I vowed I would also make routes that didn't have Denver as a stop.

San Antonio also sometimes gives us a tough time. They always search me from head to toe (even this last time with the baby). Upon leaving in August they wanted Janon to put her banana in the nasty plastic bin so it could be scanned. What did I do put a bomb in the banana and give it to my daughter to eat? They searched her from head to toe and had her take her shoes off, but this last time they said she was exempt because of her age and let her through so I think it just depends on who the person is and how much power they want to have that day...I don't let it bother me unless the do something stupid like tell my kid to put her banana in the tray (I refused btw, I told them those bins were disgusting, I wasn't having her food xrayed and then give it to her to eat) eventually after another person heard me they let her through.
Hannah's Mom
Posted 2005-03-01 8:52 PM (#7859 - in reply to #7842)

Expert

I know what you mean Janon. That is funny Melissa, you go Sawyer.
mtnmom
Posted 2005-03-02 11:51 AM (#7882 - in reply to #7842)

Elite Veteran

That's funny! Nikki gripes everytime she has to take her shoes off at the airport, she hates it. She can certainly sympathize with Sawyer on that one! We live in Colorado so we always fly out of Denver. Never had my kids searched like that.... now me on the other hand I get pulled everytime I fly, even with the kids.... guess I fit someone's profile?? LOL

Brenna
Carmell
Posted 2005-03-02 1:04 PM (#7896 - in reply to #7842)
Subject: RE: a funny thing

Expert

Thanks for sharing, Melissa... Sawyer is so adorable! I remember seeing him as a little baby at our evals in Jan. 01. That seems like a whole life-time ago, sometimes. He is doing so well, because of you. Keep up the great work!

josiejean
Posted 2005-03-02 1:16 PM (#7897 - in reply to #7842)

Elite Veteran

Josie told us two nights ago that she wanted to be a doctor some day - so she could operate on her dolls. she gives them back surgery all the time. we role play that quite a bit (daily). sometimes i'm the doctor (the doll i have), sometimes i'm the patient (the doll i have). i don't have a say so in it. Josie just tells you what you are going to be.... imagine that.

shawn
sawyer's mom
Posted 2005-03-05 1:19 PM (#8087 - in reply to #7842)

Extreme Veteran

We have never had a big security issue in Denver. We fly from there every time. In SA, they wanted me to have sawyer get out of the wheel chair and walk thru the line to get screened. Duh! and then they said they would wand him, but I needed to go thru the line. I DON"T THINK SO!! Not with a 3 year old who just had surgery 2 days ago. Eventually they saw it my way and wanded us both.
I find that friends are surprised that titanium doesn't set off the metal alarms. Do the bad guys know this? Hopefully, they are too cheap to spend the cash for our mopwt precious metal!
Hannah's Mom
Posted 2005-03-05 3:35 PM (#8102 - in reply to #7842)

Expert

I have people ask us all the time about Hannah's rods setting off the metal detectors. I hope Sawyer gets to feeling better soon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software