Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Veptr(s) ????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   VEPTR Sites/Hospitals -> CanadaMessage format

LuckyMe
Posted 2010-06-01 2:30 PM (#39380)
Subject: Veptr(s) ????

Hi There,

I was wondering how many types of veptr devices are there and what are the pros and cons of each one??? specifically here in Canada, if any one knows!

thank you
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Carmell
Posted 2010-06-01 9:48 PM (#39383 - in reply to #39380)
Subject: RE: Veptr(s) ????

Expert

Hi Amina,

I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question.  The VEPTR devices are adjustable rods made by Synthes Corp.  There is basically two types of rods - one that attaches to the lower spine or pelvis and an upper rib to support the spine, and another that attaches to the ribs (top and bottom) to keep the chest expanded.  There are two different designs of the chestwall rods - the VEPTR2 has multiple attachment sites, while the original VEPTR attaches to a single rib.  There are some physicians in the country using growing-type rods made by different manufacturers and modifying them to be attached to the child's body similarly to the VEPTR rods.  Many orthos are moving away from using the growing rods in the traditional method (attached close along the spine).  I do not know what (if any) differences there are in Canada.  HTH

worried
Posted 2012-04-17 5:51 PM (#41557 - in reply to #39380)
Subject: Re: Veptr(s) ????

New User

Hello,
I am new here....and scared to death. First I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your darling little children.
I have a little grandson, who has Spina Bifida, and a tethered spine. At present, he shows no symptoms of anything. He is running jumping playing,talking, eating, drinking etc...like any other 2 year old. We are waiting for an MRI to be scheduled , for more information but I do not know why or what they are looking for. Nor do I understand what the future may or may not hold for him. I am left completely in the dark, with little or no understanding about all the peripheral conditions that could follow with growth. No sooner do I learn about one...than I see another condition is discussed on the net. I love and care for my grandson for days at a time on a regular basis and he has become another part of me and I want to learn more. I don't even know the right questions to ask and I am finding all the literature, overwhelming. Any information in layman 's terms, would be appreciated. Thank you and may God Bless you all.

Edited by worried 2012-04-17 5:58 PM
Zoes Nana
Posted 2013-04-10 5:19 PM (#41702 - in reply to #39380)
Subject: Re: Veptr(s) ????

Expert

HI MICHAEL JOHN AND WELCOME....THE BOARD HAS SEEMED TO TAKEN A BACK SEAT TO 'FACEBOOK' THESE DAYS...BUT I WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME YOU, AND SUGGEST YOU LOOK OVER THE FORUM, WHERE YOU WILL FIND ALOT OF INFORMATION...ALSO PLEASE JOIN US ON 'VEPTR KIDS' ON FACEBOOK AS WELL...ZOE IS NOW AT THE END OF THE VEPTR PROCESS...LONG ROAD BUT ONE THAT OFFERS GREAT HOPE...LOOKS FORWARD TO HEARING MORE FROM YOU...GOD BLESS....

http://r2bfoundation.org/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software