Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trach Collar, FYI
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Development and CareMessage format

kim'smom
Posted 2007-06-23 11:20 PM (#27229)
Subject: Trach Collar, FYI

Regular

It's seems like many of these kids are trached so I thought I'd just put this out there. You may already use these. When we were first sent home we used a DALE trach collar that had to be measured and cut. After a few months we switched home care suppliers and were introduced to a collar made by portext, ref number 520001. It has adjustable velcro sides and vent holes in the back. I love them so check them out if you don't have something like it. Mary
Top of the page Bottom of the page
shannon p.
Posted 2007-06-24 5:11 PM (#27239 - in reply to #27229)
Subject: Re: Trach Collar, FYI

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the trach tie info. Vent holes in the back sound great as it's sooo hot here and any little relief helps!

Shannon
Caroline's mom
Marietta, GA
7 yr amc w/ neuromuscular scoli/kypho., pierre robin, trach and g-tube dependent, veptr#263 SAT
Zoe Alexis's Mommy
Posted 2007-07-25 1:01 AM (#27735 - in reply to #27229)
Subject: RE: Trach Collar, FYI

Veteran

Wow, thanks. We have used the Dale ones and also we like ones by MarPac, they don't have vent holes, but they are much softer and have a beter moisture resistant fabric than the Dale ones do. Our last home health agency only carried Dale and Posey(hate the Posey), but they were recently bought out by a new company that carries Portex. I just found out yesterday that they were going to send us the Portex to try. I'm glad to hear they are so nice!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software