Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hello everyone
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   VEPTR Sites/Hospitals -> UKMessage format

suzanne
Posted 2006-01-25 8:49 AM (#18057)
Subject: Hello everyone

Regular

Hi everyone we seem to have all gone very quite in the uk part of the forum. So i will update you all on my latest medical bit. Samuel is now 22mths and they have finally after telling them since birth that he stops breathing during sleep done and got the results of the sleep study out. Seems i'm right he does but can the hospital admit they were wrong when they said i was concerned over nothing can they boot. Well anyway he stops breating for 15sec every so often and this is what they said oh nothing major yes he has a mild obstruction but so what and dispite having a phone conversation with consultant saying i wasn't happy with that he just blanked me.
Still my Mp is on the war path now and lets see them move now lol.
Bye
Suzanne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jubi2U
Posted 2006-01-25 12:57 PM (#18071 - in reply to #18057)
Subject: RE: Hello everyone

Good for you. Any good doctor will always take into acount Mom's instincts on a childs situation. Not all are willing to do this because of ego issues. Go Mom
Hannah's Mom
Posted 2006-01-25 11:04 PM (#18087 - in reply to #18057)
Subject: Re: Hello everyone

Expert

Ditto.
annettedruery
Posted 2006-01-26 7:21 PM (#18139 - in reply to #18057)

Regular

Hi everyone. Hope Samuel is doing okay Suzanne. We're still battling the docs here about Anna's casting. We spoke to the consultant over the phone about our concerns and he more or less told us we were talking rubbish, so I certainly know how much of a battle it is to get heard.
Maggie's Mom
Posted 2006-01-26 8:22 PM (#18147 - in reply to #18057)

Elite Veteran

Docs, sigh, won't they ever learn?? Moms just know, I think we should lobby for a class in Medical school named "patients and parents are experts, how to listen and use information constructively or if you can't refer to some one who can" Do you think any medical students would come?
Big hugs Suzanne and Samuel,
Susanne
Ross Family
Posted 2006-02-02 5:16 PM (#18409 - in reply to #18057)
Subject: RE: Hello everyone

Hi Suzanne,

Have meant to be in touch with you for ages but things have been so hectic since Christmas. Hope that Samuel is loads better now after a poorly Christmas. Why is it that Doctors can't take parents seriously sometimes? You are with your child the majority of the time and so know when things are not right.

I saw your thread a little while ago about Samuels pot belly and I had not even thought of that as being anything to do with the trunk of the body... Hannah has a pot belly also but is very slender everywhere else. My husband and I have often commented on it when she has a bath but never gave a thought of it being related to the back!

She is due her first expansion on 7th March which I am not looking forward to at all!

Was it you that was asking about how to fatten Samuel up?? We were told that we needed to do that for hannah so she has some flesh to cushion the implant. We were told to give her full fat milk, cream on desserts, ff custard and stodgy puddings etc. basically anything with a high fat content. This is all very well but I didn't really want to be filling her with junk!

Anyway although she is not fading away she is only 28lbs (she is almost 4 now)and is only 4lbs heavier than my 10.5 mth old son and only just going into 3/4 year old clothing!!

Anyway, hope you are keeping well. Are you going to the Goldenhar AGM?

Speak to you soon
Ramona
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software