Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

about VEPTR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Prayer RequestsMessage format

kirti
Posted 2010-06-18 4:54 PM (#39474)
Subject: about VEPTR

Hello! I have 7 years old daughter name Aashvi. She has Arthrogryposis. Her scoliosis is now 60 degree. Her Dr. now recommended VEPTR. can you all please advise me about that procedure.should we wait little beat more or no. she had problem with anesthesia with last surgery.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Carmell
Posted 2010-06-18 9:55 PM (#39479 - in reply to #39474)
Subject: RE: about VEPTR

Expert

Welcome!

There are pros and cons to waiting.  Since Aashvi is already 7yrs old, the time is getting short.  Her lung tissues are nearing their "adult" stage.  If she is having any breathing issues at all, surgery sooner than later would be best.  Hopefully your surgeon has successfully treated other kids like her because her arthrogryposis makes things more difficult.  Hopefully you have read about other kids here who have had VEPTR surgery.  Lots of good experiences here.  Keep asking questions.  If she's had a bad reaction to anesthesia before, I would be talking to an anesthesiologist, in depth, about what they can do to make her have a better experience.  The VEPTR implant surgery is a big surgery.  However, the benefits after the initial recovery are amazing.  Looking forward to hearing more.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software