Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lung function and veptr/missing rib issues
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Development and CareMessage format

gianasmama
Posted 2010-08-13 2:45 PM (#39717)
Subject: Lung function and veptr/missing rib issues

Hello all. We're at the point now where we're working on getting Giana off of the ventilator. She maintains her O2 sat just fine but breathes up to 60 times per minute. Those of you with older veptr kids - especially those that were never on a ventilator - do your kids breathe faster? Is it an issue/concern?
Dana

PS...we're excited to visit CHOP for the 1st time in October for a pulmonary visit w/Dr.Panitch. Will likely say hello to Dr.Campbell while we're there!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zoes Nana
Posted 2010-08-13 7:55 PM (#39718 - in reply to #39717)
Subject: Re: Lung function and veptr/missing rib issues

Expert

HI DANA...
I WOULD SAY THAT YES, ZOE DOES BREATH FASTER, AND HAS A WHAT THEY CALL "MARRIONETTE" TYPE OF BREATHING....HER BODY MOVES 'UP AND DOWN' WHILE SHE IS BREATHING RATHER THAN 'IN AND OUT'...HOPE THAT MAKE SENSE...???
ZOE SEE DR. ZINMAN, IN PULUM AT CHOP...BUT I HAVE HEARD HARRY PANITCH IS GREAT, AND WOULD LOVE TO MEET HIM ALSO SOME DAY WITH ZOE...
WE ACTUALLY WILL BE THERE IN OCT. WITH ZOE FOR HER PFT, AND OTHER TESTING, JUST CHECKING OUR CALENDAR TO FIT A DATE IN...PERHAPS WE WILL SEE YOU THERE...
GOD BLESS...
dgoddard
Posted 2010-08-13 10:37 PM (#39722 - in reply to #39717)

My daughter is only 4 months old...so not one of the older children, but she generally breathes anywhere between 30-60 resps per minute. And she tends to move with every breath. She is on a very low amount of oxygen (0.3) and a CPAP at night as she was having difficulty expelling carbon dioxide from her lungs. This seems to be doing the trick.

Dani
arckidz
Posted 2010-08-17 1:29 AM (#39724 - in reply to #39717)

Regular

I know that with both of my boys when they were newborns they were breathing just about as fast as their hearts were beating. They were breathing 130 a min. Right now Rhett who is now 11 breaths between almost 45-70 a min. His body does move when he breaths. Right now his lungs are not growing so they are watching him very close. He wear oxygen 24/7 at 1.5-2 Liters and a bypap at night. Good luck it can be hard at times.
Emily's Mom
Posted 2010-08-17 6:56 PM (#39726 - in reply to #39717)

Expert

My daughter also breaths fast. We are actually doing a 2 night sleep study at the end of the month and she will probably end up back on bi-pap because she is hypoventilating.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software