Home  :  About the procedure  :  Locations  :  Message forums  :  Photo albums  :  Stories  :  Links

VEPTR Forums
VEPTR Forums
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Message for Sally...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   VEPTR Sites/Hospitals -> UKMessage format

Ross Family
Posted 2005-12-02 12:31 PM (#16483)
Subject: Message for Sally...

Hi sally, I was reading the latest UK post which Suzanne had placed and I just wanted to say that my dd Hannah (3.5) had her veptr implants in September and I wondered how your lo was coping with the surgery 2 weeks on?

We were due to have David Marks assist our consultant but aother consultant did it in the end although I heard a lot of good things about David Marks. having said that our consultant did a great job! Hannah is due for expansion surgery in March.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there is another of us out here in UK that has a child who has had the veptr. I know of only one other who hasn't posted on here in a long time and our consultant told us he had completed another recently so there are a few!

Hannah has Goldenhar syndrome which is the same as Suzanne little boy, Samuel.

Anyway would be nice to talk to you if you get a chance.

Ramona
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sally
Posted 2006-03-27 4:24 AM (#19972 - in reply to #16483)
Subject: RE: Message for Sally...

Hi Ramona,
Have just seen your message and can't remember whether I've replied to you or not - had a baby 12 weeks ago which explains the complete loss of brain power and memory!!
It's always good to hear of other people who'd had the VEPTR. I was in touch with a family in Wales who's son Reuben had the op this time last year but have since lost contact. Freddie is due for his first extension in May June and the sooner the better really as he seems to have had a real growth spurt which has obviously made him look more curved again. I'm afraid I don't know anything about Goldenhar's syndrom but I hope Hannah is doing well and that the extension went well. Is this her first? Which hospital are you under? We find Mr Marks and all his team are so good and so very keen, this being a relatively new procedure. They were all grinning from ear to ear after they put in Freddie's VEPTR. I sometimes think they are trying to hide their excitement!! But it's a good thing.
Anyway do keep in touch and hope Hannah's dong well
Sally
suzanne
Posted 2006-03-28 9:08 AM (#20014 - in reply to #19972)
Subject: RE: Message for Sally...and Ramona

Regular

Hi Sally hope things went well with the birth and thanks for your info on Dr Marks the phone number you gave me came in useful.
Whats the new baby?
Nice to see you back on line.
Ramona are you going the Family met at Marlow? If so see you there.
Sally
Posted 2006-04-03 11:00 AM (#20120 - in reply to #20014)
Subject: RE: Message for Sally...and Ramona

Hi Suzanne,
Baby is Toby, nice quick birth and, having just turned 3 months, he's average weight and doing lots of smiling, gurling and kicking!! And having lots of hugs and kisses from his brother!!
Thanks for asking
Sally
Ross Family
Posted 2006-04-06 8:09 AM (#20201 - in reply to #16483)
Subject: RE: Message for Sally...and Suzanne

Hi Sally, No worries re the reply as I had my son just over a year ago and still find my brain complete mush (in fact in never recovered after I had the girls first time round!)! Congratulations on your baby.

Glad Freddie is doing ok with his implants. Hannah had her first expansion on 3rd March and all went well. She was very groggy for the first day and very scared to move so not sure how much her tears and distress were due to fright (from when she had the "big op") or from pain. Bit f both I think. Anyway by the next day I tempted her back on her feet by saying we'd have lunch in the hospital restaurant (which she seems to get really excited about for some reason!)and once she was up she was fine. Hope Freddie's expansion goes well.

its funny you mention about him curving over more with a growth spurt as thats what I had noticed with Hannah and after the expansion she is straighter again. They manged to expand a "good" centimetre which they seemed pleased with so guess thats good! We are under the Nuffield Orthopeadic Centre in Oxford and out consultant is a Mr Wilson-MacDonald who is really nice. I kow what you mean about the excitement of a veptr. When Hannah was first diagnosed with fused ribs and they realised this is what they could have to do they were all v. excited which I thought was quite amusing! Hannah has her next expansion booked for Sept. I am glad that your team are really nice too - have heard good things about David Marks.

Anyway, hope you are doing well and nice to chat to you.

Suzanne - Hi hope you are ok and Samuel is doing better. Am planning to go to family day but I have still not booked tickets - need to do that now! So hopefully will catch up with you before but if not then will be great to meet you there!.

Take care both of you
Ramona x
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.2 PR 1
© 2002-2005 PD9 Software