New in California
Sheila
Posted 2011-01-26 1:06 AM (#40609)
Subject: New in California

New User

Hi my daughter Caila has Veptr placement done in Jan.'09 in University of Florida by Dr.Woo.We just moved in California 6 mos.ago and we're having a hard time finding doctors near our area Roseville-Sacramento.Please help!Thanks a lot!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zoes Nana
Posted 2011-01-26 11:12 AM (#40610 - in reply to #40609)
Subject: Re: New in California

Expert

http://www.veptr.com/wiki/Locations.ashx

WELCOME TO THE 'VEPTR BOARD'...
YOU CAN FIND A LISTING OF HOSPITAL DOING THE SURGERY ON THIS SITE...WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT CAILA,
WHEN TIME ALLOWS...
GOD BLESS...
ColleenD
Posted 2011-01-27 8:32 AM (#40611 - in reply to #40609)
Subject: Re: New in California

Hi,
We are also in the Sacramento area (El Dorado Hills). Unfortunately, there are very limited options for VEPTR docs here in Northern California. There is a doc on the list with Kaiser Roseville, but when I called last year, he was still going through veptr "training" and was not yet able to offer the procedure. He may be an option now though (if you have kaiser), especially since your daughter may just need expansions. We are travelling up to Seattle for my son's veptr surgery this April. There is an experienced doc in LA too. Oh, there is a doc at Shriner's here in Sac that might be able/willing to do expansions- We saw him and they couldnt/wouldnt offer veptr for our son, but he has done a few and could likely do the expansions. I would be happy to give you more details if you are interested- we have seen all of the local spine docs. Has Caila had any expansions since her implant in 09?
-Colleen (Ian's Mom)
Carmell
Posted 2011-01-27 8:45 PM (#40613 - in reply to #40609)
Subject: RE: New in California

Expert

Hi Sheila,

Good luck with this.  I agree with Colleen - try calling Dr. Gupta at Shriners in Sacramento.  Let him know the VEPTR implant is already done and you need/want an ortho to follow your little one for expansions and issues that may arise.  I hope you find something.  It isn't easy, but it will work out.